Saturday mornings are my favorite when I comes to cooking breakfast/brunch. Usually during the week I don’t have time to make pancakes, so when the weekends come I take advantage of being able to cook more.
My brother got me this gluten free cookbook that has a lot of yummy recipes in it. I was debating about what type of pancakes to make when I saw banana ones. I didn’t go with the recipe in the cookbook, but instead used Aldi’s Live GFree pancake and baking mix. I followed the recipe on the box and used vanilla coconut milk for a lactose/dairy free alternative. Add slices of banana and maple syrup and you’re set.
- 1 cup Aldi’s Live GFree Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1 cup So Delicious vanilla coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 1 large egg
I did use the microwave frittata recipe though from the cookbook. This is super easy to make being microwavable (would be great for anyone living in a dorm!). I tweaked the recipe slightly by using parsley instead of the onion and also used lactose free cottage cheese.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Lactaid cottage cheese
- ~4 grape tomatoes chopped
- ~2 tsps dairy free cheese (I used Aldi’s new shredded vegan cheese but Daiya or other brands would work just as well)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- parsley (enough to taste)
- Grease a microwave safe mug with oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Add eggs and beat lightly with a fork
- Add cottage cheese, tomatoes and cheese along with the salt and parsley
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir and microwave again for ~1 minute (until the eggs are done)– time will vary for different microwaves
What are your favorite meals to make for brunch?
Currently listening to:
- Phillip Phillips recently came out with a new album…listen HERE
- THIS sleepwear/loungewear top from Target is sooo comfy! I’ve been wearing it not just to sleep in cause it’s so comfortable. There’s also matching bottoms.
- THESE flats are so cute and are offered in both black and nude.
Makeup & Skincare finds:
- I know I’ve mentioned Physicians Formula a ton on the blog. They’ve recently came out with new products and a few I’m loving includes their Healthy Lip Liquid Lipstick and Healthy Foundation.
- Looking for a good moisturizer for the harsh winter weather? Try THIS ONE from Dermae. SUPER hydrating while not leaving your skin oily.
- I’ve started using Hask’s Keratin Protein Flash Blow-Dry Spray and really like it! I apply several sprays after I get out of the shower, let me hair air dry a bit and then blow dry my hair. I can tell it does help with my hair drying faster and is supposed to help protect against heat damage.
Nutrition & Dietetics:
- Love tea as much as I do? Check out THIS about why tea is good for you 🙂
- Have you seen the NEW Nutrition Facts Panel? (SO EXCITING for us nutrition students) THIS is a great video describing it and how to read it!
January Blog Posts:
You can’t go anywhere without a little faith,
Hi everyone! Sorry for lack of posts, the start of this semester has been hectic but I hope to have more content up!
Today’s post is about a sweater I recently got from Meijer off their clearance wrack for around $6! I had seen it before it was on clearance and loved it. A tip I almost always do is wait until items I like go on clearance. I’m usually still able to find the item (sometimes in my size) at less than half the price!
Continue reading “Statement Sleeve Sweater”
Whether your dietary restrictions are being gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, gastritis, vegan, having a sensitive stomach..whatever it may be, I hope this post helps you.
Continue reading “Living with Dietary Restrictions as a College Student”
Faith, Fashion, Food with C is 2 years old today! So much has happened in the 2 years that the blog has been up and running!
Continue reading “2 year Blogiversary and a year in review”
Happy New Years Eve everyone! I hope 2017 has been all you’ve hoped for and you’re ready to tackle another year!
This outfit includes some of my favorite pieces: overalls, a ruffled sweater and a blanket scarf. All super cozy and warm for Winter.
Continue reading “Overalls, Ruffles, and Plaid”
Currently listening to….
- I’ve been listening to the Dean Martin Christmas album…gotta love the “rat pack.” Listen HERE!
Continue reading “Monthly Roundup:: December”
I never really used a lot of skincare products except for an exfoliator that I’d use daily when I shower. Recently, I’ve been incorporating more products into my routine and have been loving them all.
Continue reading “My Favorite Skincare Products”
I never thought I would like dates unless they were hidden in Lara Bars. But these are so good! Don’t knock them until you try them I guess! They go great as a side or appetizer.
Continue reading “Recipe: Turkey Bacon Wrapped Dates”
This is a subject I’ve always had a spot in my heart for but I never knew how to put it into words. I hope this post will make you more conscientious and aware of mental illnesses.
Continue reading “Mental Illnesses Are Not Adjectives”