I’ve discovered that I enjoy baking. So today, I felt like experimenting and wanted to attempt some smore’s cupcakes. Also, mom got me the most adorable apron and I had to put it to good use 😉
The cupcakes didn’t turn out exactly how I was thinking, but you never know until you try! We didn’t have any graham crackers so the cupcakes turned out to be chocolate chip with marshmallow icing. They still tasted great!
We usually would make homemade baked goods, but we’re out of GF Jules flour so box mixes it is!
Down with the recipe and bake from the heart!
- 1 box of Aldi’s Live G-Free Yellow Cake Mix (as prepared on box)
- I used grapeseed oil, Aldi lactose free milk (other milk alternatives will work) and Aldi yellow egg beaters
- ~1/2 cup of Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
*I only made half of the mix with chocolate chip, the others were plain vanilla.
- I prepared the Aldi Live G-Free yellow cake mix as it says on the box
- Then I added ~1/2 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (after I used 1/2 of mix for plain vanilla cupcakes)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (as on box, ovens will vary)
- Marshmallows (Aldi)
- Goat Cheese (Aldi)
- Lactose Free Milk (Aldi)
- Powdered Sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- Cut jumbo size marshmallows (8-10) into fours and beat in mixer (we used the whisk attachment) *(4 regular size = 1 jumbo)
- Add ~1/2 cup of goat cheese
- Gradually add enough powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. If too thick, add a few drops of milk.
*This will be VERY sticky to put on so you may want to use a cookie scoop and smooth with a spatula. The icing was SO messy but SO yummy!
Happiness is only a cupcake away 🙂