Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Red Apple Lipstick are releasing 4 shades for the Holidays! These will go on sale Friday 11/23 10 am CST until Wednesday 11/28 10… More
I had been wanting to take pictures at Pappy’s Sweet Shop for a while. The vibrant colors & retro vibe was what caught my eye. I was able to do a fun photo shoot with some fellow blogger gals from Purdue last weekend. It was so neat to see the images in my head come to life!
Photography: Hannah Wolfinbarger & Sharon Hsu
Hi everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve written a blog post. Life has been hectic, so I’ll give you all an update.
I am currently a senior in Dietetics and am trying to plan a wedding for next June (yay)! Trenton and I are so excited to start our life together. We will both be attending grad school next fall.
In mid September we got our engagement pictures taken by Madi Taylor Photography. I had searched high and low for a wedding photographer, and am so glad to have found her! We are so pleased with our pictures and had a wonderful time taking them! It was so comfortable being ourselves around Madi, she had us bring a blanket and some music which made the photo shoot so much fun!
- These Kelly & Katie navy oxfords from DSW are adorable & perfect for fall!
- I have this striped shirt from Target in black & it’s so cozy. The navy one would be great styled with sweaters & would match the navy oxfords linked above 😉
- With fall coming up, I’m looking forward to wearing darker lipstick shades. Red Apple Lipstick’s shade Wine & Dandy is one of my favorites! (see post here)
- Physician Formula’s healthy foundation has to be my favorite foundation that I’ve tried. It blends in so well & is lightweight.
Nutrition & Dietetics:
- They always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Check out the post here.
August Blog Posts:
- Struggles Only Those With Gluten Intolerance (or Celiac Disease) Will Understand
- Cross Contamination: What it is, Why it’s a Concern, & How to Prevent it.
- New Day Gluten Free: Clayton, MO
- What I Wish I Knew as a Freshman in College
- Modest Dress with Cleo Madison
You can’t go anywhere without a little faith,
I’m so excited to share this look with you today! Cleo Madison, a modest clothing boutique based in Utah reached out to me to try one of their affordable modest dresses. I picked out the Meredith button dress in olive. What I love about this dress (and the rest of their dresses) is the length. Continue reading “Modest Dress with Cleo Madison”
As I’m entering my senior year of college (holy cow!), I’m thinking of all that the past 3 years have held. And what I wish I would have known as a freshman.
A few days ago I went on a short trip to St. Louis, MO with my fiance Trenton, his mom & my parents. We were looking at the grad school Trenton is planning on attending & the surrounding areas.
Of course I had to scope out the best gluten free places. I found New Day Gluten Free which is located in Clayton, MO- between St. Louis and Chesterfield. New Day is a dedicated gluten free & peanut free cafe & bakery. Their menu consisted of all day breakfast options, pasta, pizza & sandwiches along with many delicious bakery items! They had a wide range of dairy free options as well!
I talk a lot about Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance, the gluten free diet and have mentioned cross contamination. I haven’t really addressed cross contamination though, what it is, why it’s a concern for us who have to follow a gluten free diet and how to prevent it.
I’ve been wanting to do this post for a while.. but brainstorming all the gluten free struggles I’ve went through in the past 8 years is hard! So, I decided to ask on several different gluten free support groups (including our own) what are some of the struggles others have encountered. I must say, there’s some doozies.
*The ones stated: “-member” were provided from an online support group. The ones without were my own.
- When you’re reading a label that says “gluten free” but also states that it “may contain wheat…”
- When you go to a restaurant and ask for a gluten free menu and they bring you the nutrition facts guide….
- This fit & flare dress from Modcloth is super cute! And it’s on sale!
- I think this retro daisy swimsuit (also from Modcloth) is so adorable! It’s also available in a cute cherry print! Both are on sale.
- Red Apple Lipstick’s shade Petal Rebel is my new favorite! It’s the perfect shade of pink! Only available for a limited time until they run out of stock!
A few weeks ago I got a call from a friend asking if I was on campus. Her photography friend had a session cancelled & still really wanted to take some pictures, of course I was up for it! Kelsey from Shutter Up Studios is so talented! Taking pictures together was natural & so much fun! Also, her editing is amazing! She does senior pictures, portraits, couples, and her favorite: weddings!